Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Senior Network Engineer
to lead the design and the build our client’s next generation network infrastructure. As the Senior Network Engineer, you will enhance and extend the capabilities of the current network to accommodate future growth, leverage new technologies to improve reliability, and scale for an Omni-channel, eCommerce business, and recommend solutions to issues that arise.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker, and a disciplined engineer (doer), relying on both experience, data, and intuition to make good decisions and qualified judgments. We are looking for someone who has a great positive attitude, highly intelligent, motivated to learn and grow within the organization.
- Ideal candidate would be a creative thinker and problem solver, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and approach internal business customers from a consulting perspective.
- Interact with business and other IT teams to answer questions, resolve problems, and address requests with a superior level of technical support.
- Ability to handle conflict, influence without direct authority, and coach/mentor.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
- Professional and courteous attitude with attention to customer service.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including root-cause analysis.
- Strong ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects.
- Must have proven teamwork and leadership skills.
- Work with solution architect to develop technology strategies and roadmaps.
Strong experience with one or more of the following:
- Senior position, minimum 7-10 years of experience in large enterprise; Cisco experience is preferred.
- Proven experience with Wireless networking and security implementation.
- Experience with DNS and DHCP services in a medium to large corporation.
- Experience with MPLS.
- Strong experience with the following routing protocols EIGRP and BGP; OSPF is a plus.
- Experience with Content Switching/Load Balancing.
- Experience with Voice over IP in a medium to large corporation; Cisco experience is preferred. Call Center knowledge beneficial.
- Remote access implementation and support experience (SSL and/or IPsec VPNs).
- Must possess excellent working knowledge of design &implementation of advanced routing and multilayer switching for a large-scale enterprise with high availability.
- Possess a working knowledge of project management, organizational change or transformation.
- Possess a working knowledge of Enterprise System and Service Level Management – Server and Application Monitoring, Service Mapping, Event Correlation, Operations Orchestration and Automation, Configuration (CMDB), Asset Discovery, and Financial Management.
- Security management experience – Understanding and application of the ten domains.
- Working knowledge of Directory Services – AD, ADFS, Identity Federation, Ping, PingFederate.
- Ability to be in an on-call rotation to assure critical incident response 24 x 7 x 365.
Experience with two or more of the following is preferred:
- Cisco (highest priority)
- Routers (ISR G1 and G2, ASR and legacy branch routers)
- Catalyst and Nexus switches (65xx, 45xx, 3×50, 5K and 2K)
- SAN or HCI experience is a plus
- Security Appliances such as Firewalls
- PaloAlto Firewalls
- AAA services such as Cisco Secure ACS and ICE
- Load balancers (physical and virtual NetScalers)
- SolarWinds, Plixer Scrutinizer or other network monitoring applications
- Cisco UCS and\or Nutanix
- Wireshark or similar packet analysis software
- Cisco UCCE and/or Cisco UCCX
- 323 video
- A degree or comparable work experience.
- Current professional certifications such as CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, MCSE, ITIL, VCP-NV, CISSP, or Six Sigma are a plus.