Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a Workers Compensation Adjuster. This role is remote-based.
The candidate will perform all duties and responsibilities as outlined for Adjuster, including Investigating and handling Workers' Compensation claims in the Northeast jurisdictions of NY, MA, CT, NH, and ME. 3-4 years adjusting experience.
- Review, examine, investigate, and analyze workers’ compensation claims.
- Understand the workers compensation process, requirements, and states laws.
- Establish claim reserves by estimating the cost of claims; monitor reserves and update amounts as necessary.
- Diary management
- Coordinate medical treatment for injured employees and providers
- Identify subrogation potential and pursue the process of reimbursement.
- Serve as a liaison between medical providers, employees, and legal professionals.
- Review and interpret doctor’s reports to ensure that the medical guidelines have been applied when reporting disability, impairment, and apportionment.
- Analyze, compute, and process indemnity payments.
- Permanency and settlement of cases
- Handle provider calls, payments, and explanation of benefits
- Relevant Federal, State and local laws and regulations governing workers’ compensation.
- American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines as they apply to workers’ compensation.
- Medical and technical terminology used in industrial injury cases.
- Methods and techniques of data collection, research, and analysis.
- Principles and procedures of report preparation.
- Basic principles and practices of analytical, statistical and financial report preparation.
- Principles of business letter writing.
- Principles and practices of record keeping and records management.
- Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting.
- Modern office procedures and methods including computer equipment and supporting applications.
- Conduct research and analyze information.
- Identify issues and process claims in a timely fashion within the timeframes prescribed by law.
- Gather, organize, compile and summarize data.
- Create and maintain a variety of ledgers, logs, records, and reports.
- Prepare a variety of clear and concise reports, documents, and memoranda.
- Promptly respond to requests and inquiries.
- Prepare and maintain accurate financial records and documents.
- Navigate our claims system, our bill review system, and an image document management program
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.