Beacon Technologies is looking for a UI Tech Lead. This role is available for remote option, with preference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The Technical Lead provides the strategic and technical leadership, functions as a strategic thought leader, and technical subject matter expert for the domain. This individual will have come from a technical background and shall possess the ability to challenge and develop others. This role will be accountable for all activities and be fluent in all aspects of UI Tech. Must define and execute the strategic direction and coordinate the technical aspects of work for the successful completion of a project. Must also prepare and utilize project plans as appropriate for IT enhancements and maintenance efforts, lead a technical team through processes and deliverables within the SDLC, establish goals, standards, metrics and provides regular feedback to team members. In addition, they shall acts as a liaison for the technical team to the project leadership team and management, communicate regularly with internal and external customers, and perform related responsibilities as required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides strategic and technical leadership for UI; promoting the overall approach and providing expert advice.
- Provides technical leadership and technical subject matter expertise in the development of the Practice and in the creation of artifacts for the SDLC process.
- Leads the team through the processes and deliverables within the SDLC.
- Mentors, coaches and develops staff.
- Collaborates with other Architects especially where portfolio (or domain) strategy/roadmaps has cross organization impact.
- Participates in enterprise, portfolio and project level governance activities.
- Learns about new products and technologies; partners with others to determine potential capabilities and optimization opportunities.
- Partners with other in the IT organization and seeks out collaboration opportunities.
- Ability to partner with clients both existing and new.
- Communicates plans, status, and issues to higher management levels.
- Ability to help scope projects.
- Apply industry best practices and techniques to design, develop, test, deploy, support and maintain complex Java applications based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Assist in project planning and architectural design reviews.
- Mentor other Developers on programming issues.
- Work with Development team to ensure consistency in processes and completion of deliverables among team members.
- Exhibit leadership in cross-functional development practices and application ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or Bachelor’s degree with relevant programming experience.
- 5 plus years hands-on Angular or full-stack development experience with Angular.
- Strong experience in delivering enterprise solutions.
- Extensive experience in developing and consuming REST webservices and working in a micro-service environment.
- Expert-level knowledge of Git, JDBC, SQL, database-stored procedures.
- Experience with Hadoop and associated technologies a plus
Not necessary, but nice to have:
- Working knowledge of AWS or other Cloud Providers
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.