Beacon Technologies is looking for a Technical Support to work in Madison, Wisconsin.
This role will provide advanced technical support for varying complexities of hardware and software related Issues. Resolve service tickets including but not limited to escalated tickets. Provide direct escalation support to the service desk specialists. Answer questions, mentor and support the Service Desk Specialists. Serve as backup to the IT Support Manager. Key areas include but are not limited to mission critical desktop and end user support, MDM administration, VOIP administration, desktop imaging, and VMware Horizon View administration and upgrades. Candidate after being fully trained may also be asked to participate in an on call rotation.
- Document all calls and work requests using a ticketing system to keep detailed up-to-date information.
- Responsible for providing technical support for hardware and software problems to end-users.
- Responsible for setup and installation of computer hardware and software.
- Perform account changes to end users smartphones and data devices.
- Maintain existing hardware and suggest replacement.
- Maintain and upgrade the Bank’s printers and scanning equipment.
- Decommission old equipment and perform data migrations to new systems.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of installed software and licenses.
- Trouble shoot problems and identify opportunities for quality and/or process improvement.
- Analyze and make recommendations for workstation hardware and software standardization.
- Manage and roll out phones in a VOIP environment.
- Serve as backup for the IT Support Manager.
- Lead projects, mentor and train Service Desk Specialists.
- Provide guidance and answers for escalated service tickets.
- Provide escalation support for the service desk specialists.
- Create and maintain Active Directory groups and user accounts.
- Creating and maintaining images for our image server.
- Regularly monitor reports for workstation issues/updates from automated security reporting and open tickets to address issues as needed. Work with IT Security for clarification on any questions regarding generated reporting and required maintenance.
- Manage file and folder permissions and access controls based on company policies.
- Proactively monitor the Banks’ systems and resolve problems.
- Participate in network administration and support as required for assistance in end-user support.
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Associate degree in information technology, networking, security, business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Five or more years of desktop support, service desk, or other related experience.
- Comp TIA A+, Network+.
- Experience with two of the most recent versions of Windows Server operating system.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 OS including updates and troubleshooting issues.
- Extensive experience with imaging computers.
- Experience working within a VDI environment.
- Experience working with Windows server 2012 and/or server 2016.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.