Beacon Technologies is looking for a Technical Architect III to work in Madison, Wisconsin.
This person will oversee the design and implementation of IT systems. As a Technical Architect, you will be responsible for meeting with the IT manager to discuss company processes, designing the structure of enterprise level IT systems, overseeing the project implementation, and measuring the performance of the new system.
- Provide high level and detailed, consultative infrastructure solutions for both commercial off the shelf (COTS) software and custom developed application projects.
- Server, storage and backup provisioning, administration, maintenance and support including performance and availability monitoring
- Manage and renew Signed and Self-Signed certificates and 3rd party certificates
- Design, configure and implement new vendor applications
- Monitor and maintain the health of enterprise environments
- Develop and monitor architectural standards and policy; collaborate with the team to design, follow and enforce security policies and processes
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures including infrastructure provisioning, capacity management, and availability management
- Create and maintain architecture reference materials, technical and functional documentation.
- Develop technical solution roadmaps in support of business initiatives.
- Design automated applications and infrastructure with focus on security, scalability, availability, and recoverability.
- Provide leadership for and contribute to the development of solutions and deliverables related to infrastructure for DOJ projects in collaboration with project teams.
- Provide project estimates related to infrastructure solutions.
- Monitor project work of technical staff and drive project progress.
- Train staff on system architecture, components, and troubleshooting
- Oversee and audit compliance with architectural policies and standard operating Procedures.
- Assess rapidly changing technologies, including tools, technologies, frameworks and industry best practices and develop recommendations for solutions to meet current and emerging business needs.
- Develop in-depth understanding of business needs.
- Serve as technical liaison to management, business stakeholders, and vendors.
- Develop support procedures, technical documentation, and other related documentation.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) on the technical aspects of the application or service when asked by peers, management, or Divisional partners for information or status.
- Validate that the application or service is available or unavailable in the event of a critical service disruption.
- Assist with troubleshooting the application or service upon request or when activated through the DOJ DR or critical incident response plans.
- Define recommendations for application specific upgrades, releases, and compliance with DOJ quality standards, including security, high availability, and performance.
- Respond to the on-call phone for incidents
- Respond to the on-call staff.
Requirements we are seeking:
- Strong understanding and experience supporting Microsoft Architecture including AD services and Group Policy, Distributed File & Print services, VDI, WSUS, Anti Virus infrastructure, and desktop life cycle management.
- Must have demonstrated work experience in a large enterprise environment supporting and maintaining core Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Ability to understand and use technical documentation effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain incident response logs and associated performance consistent with Service Level Agreements.
- Administer IT operational tasks in order to ensure a properly operating and controlled environment.
- Bridge any gaps in system configuration needs as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of operating systems environments (MS), file server print and web server administration/configuration, browser configuration, database environments and related software applications.
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain a cheerful, client-friendly persona under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to react quickly, reliably, honestly, and with a diverse set of skills and personalities.
- Result Driven: get it done quickly and done correctly the first time.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, to deal with constant change and competing priorities, and to participate in continual process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated advanced level problem solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills Service Ownership Responsibilities
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.