Beacon Technologies is looking for a Systems Engineer III. This role is based in Fitchburg, Wisconsin.
The Systems Engineer III role owns all activities involved with managing and supporting the infrastructure technology for all of the server/client/storage. This role is to plan, direct and coordinate the design, installation, administration, and have the ability to optimize all related components to achieve a high level of performance of various business applications supported by tuning and monitoring necessary components. This includes the availability of client/server/storage applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. This position will be responsible for all physical security, integrity and safety of the data center/servers within the environment. This position will also be involved in scheduling and directing the activities to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate manner. This position ties in with the Corporate Disaster Recovery Plan in regard to restoring the infrastructure functionality back within the environment in the event of a disaster.
Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Develop strategies for client/server implementations for all corporate and affiliate locations; architect the infrastructure required to support those strategies by leading and implementing.
- Act as a project lead in the design and review of all new systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment.
- Responsible to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of the server/client infrastructure meets business demands.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server/client/storage security.
- Responsible for designing and implementing data center/server room security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, and access restrictions.
- Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and back up systems.
- Conduct research on server/client hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Prepare RFP’s, contracts, scope of work reports and other documentation for projects and associated efforts.
- Prepare budget recommendations.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity in regard to planning and deploying the overall infrastructure security measures in regard to server/client.
- Develop long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future server/client needs.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity in regard to planning and deploying the overall infrastructure security measures for servers/clients.
- Develops work plans and direction for level I & II Systems Engineers.
- Develop work plans for Desktop Support Techs 1-3 when applicable at remote locations.
- Develop and mentor level I & II Systems Engineers.
- Develop and mentor Desktop Supports Techs 1-3 when applicable at remote locations.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure for server/client.
- For remote locations working on break fix and moves, adds and changes as applicable.
- Test server/client/storage performance and provide performance statistics and reporting; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of server/client problems for end users; recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Create scripts as required.
- Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server/client infrastructure.
- Plan and implement server/client upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Perform patch management.
- Maintain licensing compliance with all hardware and software and to manage enterprise agreements.
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Proven knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Project management skills.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Ability to research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting and systems upgrade recommendations.
- Microsoft Active Directory management and administration, including OUs, Groups, GPOs, software delivery, software and hardware configuration, security, DNS and DHCP.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems 2012R2 to 2019 experience.
- Working technical knowledge of PowerShell or other Advanced Windows Scripting.
- Exceptional abilities at load balancing, clustering, and caching procedures and processes.
- Nutanix AHV experience.
- VMware ESX experience.
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN/NAS.
- 5+ year’s relevant System Administration experience in a technical analytical position responsible for managing server environments.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) focus in either Enterprise or Server Administrator.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.