Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a skilled Systems Administrator Level II to work remotely.
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, responsible for networking, installing, configuring, architecting, routing, and engineering solutions around servers, LAN/WAN systems, and telecommunication systems. Responds to escalated systems alerts, investigates and recovers hardware/software failure. Also, responsible for the identification and resolution of service-level problems and the identification and support of mission-critical tasks. Responsibilities are below:
- Level II support for System Administrators, troubleshooting & resolutions for server/storage/network/software issues.
- Architect/Engineer systems, (server/storage/network) solutions that align with business objectives.
- Support server installations on both physical and virtual environments.
- Support network installation & equipment as needed.
- Support telecommunications equipment.
- Participate with team in researching new technology (hardware\software).
- Evaluate performance and optimize servers/storage/network equipment and suggest solutions as needed.
- Support Windows Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Monitor system performance, reliability, and security.
- Assist team in supporting all Infrastructure related projects.
- Install and configure a wide variety of server/storage/network technologies.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and standards.
- Develop assessments that provide an understanding and resolution to outages, capacity issues, quality problems and security related events.
- Install and administer commercial and proprietary software.
- Involved in IT projects as a resource for completing technical tasks or acting as technical lead
- Skilled in desktop/server operating systems, PCs, servers, network, storage technologies and monitoring.
- Skilled in Active Directory and directory services technologies.
- Skilled in virtualization and software technologies.
- Skilled in interaction between software development and infrastructure/SysOps/DevOps.
- Skilled in security & security best practices and standards.
- Skilled in using industry standard practices for supporting complex infrastructure environment
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college, university, or vocational college with a degree in computer sciences or a related discipline.
- 4 or more years of systems administration experience required.
- Experience in networking technologies, (LAN/WAN, Layer2/3, routers, switches, firewalls, IPS, VPNs, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, FTP, IOS, ACLs).
- Experience in Cloud platforms, Infrastructure as a Service, and Platform as a Service.
- Skilled in telecommunications and phone equipment.
- Mid-level experience with Virtualization technology (VMware preferred).
- Experience with Windows and Linux.
- Experience with firewalls and wireless solutions is preferred.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies is a plus.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.