Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a System Administrator III. This role is based in Madison, Wisconsin.
Under this job, you will build tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes. This will help maintain a highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning. We are looking for someone who is experienced with both application and infrastructure, with experience maintaining a hybrid on-prem and cloud infrastructure! It is expected that you will participate in assessing existing platforms, designing future state, and building transition in order to migrate both applications and infrastructure to a highly resilient environment.
- Build, design, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple public cloud offerings, e.g. AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Participate in technology evaluation and reengineering teams to support strategy-definition and continuous process improvement activities
- Help implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption
- Implement and refine cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices
- Act as project lead around further software defined services and offerings
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of cloud enablement tools
- Recognize and resolve all business issues and impact
- Assess urgency of issues and facilitate follow-up and resolution accordingly including service quality initiatives to support a “five nines” product availability environment
- Perform ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization as required.
- Participate in the design, implementation and management of workload automation initiatives
- Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management policies and familiarity with ITIL or other formalized IT operations foundations
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience
- 5+ years working with cloud platforms
- 5+ years of experience as an enterprise systems administrator in a client or server environment, including deployment automation tools, such as Ansible or Jenkins
- Extensive knowledge of Linux based systems including Hardware, software, networking and storage
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for medium scale and enterprise level applications
- Experience with RedHat OpenShift
- Experience with Monitoring tools, e.g. DataDog, Dynatrace, or New Relic
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with SysOps
- Certifications on Amazon Web Services, including Solutions Architect, Developer, or Azure are highly desirable
- Specific experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including VPC, EC2, Network, ELB, EBS, EMR, Redshift, RDS, and IAM
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including application readiness assessment, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security
- Experience with configuring software defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs
- Experience with DevSecOps procedures and processes
- Experience with troubleshooting very complex distributed environments pertaining to connectivity and application performance and monitoring tools and offering high-level strategic planning and advice to an entity that will allow for the successful adoption or migration of Cloud-based technologies or services
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.