Beacon Technologies is on the hunt for a Sr. Software Engineer (DQ). This position is remote work.
Under this role, you would be reporting to the Head of Engineering and be a key participant in designing an application architecture, keeping security, cost, & performance in mind.. You will work side by side with all the engineering teams to build scalable, performant, and clean solutions. Additional duties...
- You will help move their software development practices forward and help lead others on design and best practices.
- You’ll mentor other engineers, conduct code reviews, and help write technical requirements across product-driven scrum teams.
- Most importantly, you’ll be a pivotal part of a team that values quick iteration, embraces new tech, and loves to experiment.
Who are you?
- You’ve been shipping production Python code for the last 7+ years. You are a Python expert!
- You have vast experience building applications that utilize AWS services – bonus points if you’ve designed and deployed applications following the AWS serverless framework.
- You have maintained, or been a regular contributor to open source projects for the last 2+ years.
- You’re an expert communicator and collaborator – you can talk about your code and explain your approach to less technical teammates verbally and with a focus on good technical writing.
- You’re opinionated about tooling and curious about new trends and technologies in the software development world.
- You have a background in product development, delivering solutions to business problems in a fast-paced team.
- You have a working knowledge of all aspects of product design, including data modeling, service performance and security.
Skills You Might Have...
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense.
- Understanding of different Authentication standards and strategies (OAuth, Basic, API Key-Based, etc.)
- Understanding of OWASP web security standards and secure coding techniques.
- Understanding of networking and network design principles.
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience working across multiple Agile teams.
- Team lead or management experience.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.