Beacon Technologies is looking to hire an experienced Sr. Security Analyst. This role is remote-based.
This Sr. Security Engineer will serve as technical lead in the development of Information Security technology design and security operations including corresponding policies, standards and procedures. The role will primarily work with IT Infrastructure, Application Development, and Data Analytics teams as the Information Security technical resource for security solution design. Occasionally, work with other areas of the business to encourage their participation in sound security practices, risk management, and compliance. The position will also interact with external information security partners, vendors, and IT auditors. Responsibilities include:
- Selection, configuration, development, and maintenance of information protection systems, including but not limited to, IDS/IPS, DLP, SIEM, Firewall, PAM, and Malware protection solutions.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, and host-based and automated security alerts.
- Perform technical audit remediation.
- Assist in security governance of internal/external programming efforts.
- Assist in the development of IT security architecture, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures that are aligned with the enterprise policies.
- Advocate and accountable for compliance with security policies and associated, legal, and contractual requirements.
- Ensure compliance and information security related concerns are supported throughout the enterprise.
- Help define, measure, and evolve Information Security metrics.
- Ensure readiness for internal/external audits related to IT security and manage external information security partners.
- Lead medium to large projects and initiatives that support information security design, practices and policies.
- Test information security administrative, technical, and physical controls and report findings.
- Strong understanding of common technical, data, and security principles.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security best practices and risks.
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments (including Cloud), distributed applications, and networks protocols.
- Understanding of system hardening processes, tools, and best practices.
- Understanding of encryption technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage medium to large information security projects and collaborate on business initiatives or solution design while maintaining high levels of quality and effectiveness.
- Comfortable with working through ambiguity to clarify requirements and develop effective solutions.
- Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, SSCP, CSSLP, CEH, GSEC, or equivalent.
- Understanding of control frameworks such as NIST Cyber Security Framework.
Required education experience includes...
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- 4+ years of hands on technical experience with IDS/IPS solutions.
- Foundational knowledge of other infrastructure systems/services (O365, SD-WAN VMware, Citrix, DNS/DHCP).
- Appropriate combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.