Beacon Technologies is looking for a Sr. Java Developer (Spring Boot/AWS) to work remotely.
This is a very strategic position responsible to lead architecture, design, and implementation efforts for key Java Spring Boot microservices and ancillary AWS Services. Under this role, you will be a key mentor for junior developers and be expected to educate the rest of the team on best practices! You must be very experienced and knowledgeable.
You will collaborate with others in the division to provide and maintain applications to meet business needs and more duties listed below:
- Responsible for software design and development for complex and/or large-scale business solutions, providing technical guidance and leadership for specific applications.
- The Principal Engineer may perform various roles in the development of applications in any phase of the systems development life cycle.
- Takes a lead role on projects providing guidance and technical leadership.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to less experienced technologists.
- Analyzes system problems and recommends alternatives for resolution.
- Recommends opportunities to improve system effectiveness and efficiency. This will include advising on and contributing to the implementation and delivery of software and hardware components.
- You will also jointly own, with the DevOps teams, the operational stability of the components you build and be in a position to affect change to improve the on-going robustness, resiliency and stability of those components.
- Provides expertise during the initial phases of the project including estimating resources, skill requirements, time requirements, identifying tools and technologies, participating in proof of concepts, etc.
- Analyzes high level system specifications, business requirements and/or use cases.
- Converts information into the appropriate level specifications and system design plan for the development team.
- Designs and develops complex software solutions in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls.
- Identifies and provides solution alternatives for the defined functional and system requirements when needed.
- Consults with others to validate complex design decisions.
- Provides advanced coding expertise to mitigate high risk features or technical challenges.
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions, estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as required by organization standards.
- Defines, conducts, mentors others, and/or participates in testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepares, leads and/or participates in development walkthroughs.
- Collaborates with others regarding effectiveness of systems flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify requirements.
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming, design, performance, and security. Identifies and recommends areas for improvement in planning, design, development, and testing.
- Drives initiatives to adopt new processes and standards.
- Maintains an awareness of other projects and their possible affect on ongoing projects.
- Assists and holds others accountable for their commitments.
- Takes accountability for team deliverables and overall team success; manages own tasks.
- Recognizes and escalates quality, deadline, or deliverable issues within own work environment to team leads and/or management.
- Ensures effective integration and communication between multiple development teams with interdependencies.
- Leads and/or participates in systems analysis, general systems design, specification development for vendor contracts, and detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Provides technical leadership in the ongoing adoption and development of software engineering procedures, standards and methods.
- Makes recommendations and presentations to senior management regarding technical issues, technical investments, and strategic directions.
- Provides input for contingency and disaster recovery plans.
- Repairs, modifies, and develops additional functionality.
- Follows and supports change management practices and internal controls standards. Communicates changes and impact to those affected. Assists less experienced technologists in all areas of maintenance and communication.
- Provides vendor system support.
- Shares knowledge and information with others to resolve problems and build team knowledge.
- Identifies enhancements to meet changing data requirements, usability, interfaces and future maintainability of software.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of diagnostics and job aids for area of responsibility. Updates and/or reviews with those affected.
- Performs and/or partners with IS colleagues to conduct performance tuning to ensure applications meet service level agreements.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies.
- Understands functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications.
- Uses comprehensive application knowledge and or technical knowledge to provide guidance and technical leadership to project resources or maintenance resources.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.