Beacon Technologies is looking for a Sr. Internal Business Systems Analyst to work in Madison, Wisconsin.
Under this role, the Sr. Internal Business Systems Analyst will support the design and delivery of enterprise analytics solutions, which include migration to a cloud architecture and toolset, implementation of enterprise data management tools. rearchitecting curated data models around integrated cross-domain insights, new delivery of previously unavailable data domains, and building the framework for future expansion into unstructured data exploration, data mining, predictive analytics, and other advanced data science use cases. You will also play a role in the discovery and scoping activities for prioritized projects; lead subject-matter experts through requirements elicitation/documentation; facilitate iterative design/prototyping sessions; document functional specifications and ensure alignment with technical specifications; documents test cases, test solutions, facilitate user acceptance testing, troubleshoot/document issues, and coordinate fixes/enhancements through to production deployment. The individual in this role is expected to be a creative problem solver and process improver and is required to have strong analytical and technical skills combined with excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to build and maintain trusted client relationships with key stakeholders.
75% Business Systems Analyst
1. Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, user stories, scenarios, etc.
2. Document tasks, user stories, workflow processes, and use cases, ensuring requirements and to-be state are satisfied
3. Leverage subject matter expertise to advise customers on options, risks and costs, and ensure solutions meet the needs of the business
4. Document the detailed business requirements in a traceable, testable and verifiable format
5. Conduct and facilitate meetings/discussions to obtain business and functional requirements
6. Support test strategy and test requirements definition, development of test scenarios, and execution of test plans
7. Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
8. Collaborate with developers to determine possible solutions
9. Document issues and manage conflict to resolve
10. Effectively communicate project status, issues, schedule and accomplishments to various management and stakeholder groups, as needed
11. Work within project deadlines, schedules, and multiple competing priorities to consistently deliver high-quality work product
12. Provides coaching and support to consultants and/or less senior staff in areas of expertise
15% Support & Maintenance
1. Provide technical/functional production support activities including timely resolution of all issues, issue tracking, and communication with other involved parties
2. Ensure ongoing configuration and maintenance of the system
3. Test, troubleshoot, and provide support to ensure that the system properly performs in accordance with predefined functional requirements
4. Perform quality assurance to ensure that newly developed processes meet the requirements of campus policies, accounting standards, and procedures.
5. Train end users on new and existing functionality
5% Other Duties
6. Other duties as assigned
7. Be an active member of regional and national user groups, including presenting at conferences
8. Serve as member of various campus teams and working groups
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.