Beacon Technologies is looking for a skilled Sr. Front End Developer (React). This role is remote-based.
You will contribute to designing, developing and programming successful software with the ability to provide leadership and be self-directed. You will own and lead our frontend technology and architecture designs across a globally distributed development team to deliver a best in class commercial insurance digital experience to our customers.
The next generation omni-channel customer experience is being built as well as the eCommerce platform. This company's current stack consists of a series of microservices using technologies like React.js, Node.js, HTML5/CSS3, Amazon Web Services, Databases (SQL and NoSQL), and Big Data. We execute an agile process that focuses on a biweekly delivery of quality software to production. We are committed to using the latest technology and challenging ourselves.
You will have the chance to work with an innovative team building cutting-edge experiences for customers and partners. Together, you will shape not just your own solutions, but the direction of the industry!
- Applying knowledge of common, relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures.
- Develop, maintain, and evangelize front end development best practices and ensure that they are followed across the engineering organization
- Evaluate web standards and ensure that the team adopts standards that make a meaningful impact on the application
- Balance good design principles with delivering features for our users
- Creating performance expectations and standards for the front end, ensuring adoption across the engineering organization, and creating a framework to monitor for adherence
- Ownership of technical designs to demonstrate alignment to the functional specification.
- Using configuration management and integration/build automation tools to lead and deploy code.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Passionate architects with 7+ years of application architecture and development experience.
- 5+ years of experience with web application frameworks like Express and React
- Experience with building or integrating with Content Management Systems and/or Marketing Automation Platforms
- Experience with structured data, such as JSON or XML
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- A proven track record of successful project/product implementation
- Strong understanding of one or more frontend framework (HTML5 / Angular / React)
- Experience developing on both mobile and web platforms
- Has Hands-on Test Driven Development experience and able to author Unit, Integration and Functional Tests.
- Good OO-skills. Must demonstrate strong familiarity of design patterns
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of applied security concepts (authentication, authorization, protocols
- Strong understanding of both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Comfortable with multi-threading, event-based software architectures, queue technologies (e.g., Kafka) and asynchronous event handling.
- Familiarity with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.