ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs and implements Cloud-based solutions
- Partners with internal teams to architect and design efficient Cloud solutions that meet business requirements
- Provides operational maintenance and monitoring of Cloud-based solutions
- Reports on Cloud usage and costs logical taxonomy tagging
- Provide trending and forecasting to aid management in making budgetary decisions
- Work closely with DevOps and Infrastructure teams to automate, orchestrate and implement infrastructure as code through scripting
- Works with security team to implement and maintain hardened security solutions
- Migrating on-premises based workloads into Cloud infrastructure
- Automate the elasticity of Cloud services to minimize costs during light usage and to maximize performance during peak volumes
- Optimize and consolidate multiple Cloud subscriptions
- Troubleshoot and support issues related to performance, security or capabilities of Cloud-based solutions
- Integrate Cloud-based solutions with other Cloud or on-premises workloads
- Collaborate with teams to provide technical guidance for Cloud options
- Identify inadequate or inefficient systems and suggests alternatives to reduce cost or increase efficiency to enable the company to reach its goals
- Stay up to date on industry trends and technologies; recommend new solutions
- Participate in an "on-call" rotation for Cloud support
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in IT or a related field
- Five or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have five or more years of Azure Cloud platform experience (Google Cloud Platform experience is helpful) and leading major infrastructure migration initiatives is preferred
- Experience with Azure PaaS solutions like APIM, Integration Apps, Service Bus, Event Grid, Azure AD, etc.
- Experience with Linux and Windows IaaS solutions
- Experience with CI\CD pipelines for Cloud based solutions deployments
- Experience with data center automation initiatives and managing multiple vendors within the data center is highly desirable.
- Property/casualty insurance background and jewelry industry experience are helpful
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Microsoft, Google, AWS, Cisco, VMware, Citrix, Scripting (Powershell, VBscript, etc.), CompTIA, Red Hat, etc.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.