Beacon technologies is looking for a SQL Database Administrator. This position is remote based or onsite.
This position plays a vital role in the maintenance and security of the company member data. This is done through planning, creating, implementing, troubleshooting, and enhancing operational and reporting databases. If you are an IT professional with a drive to learn and are ready for a career at a top workplace, this is the job for you!
Under this role, you have familiarity with database development, maintenance, & administration. You have a natural attention to detail too! You find comfort in independent work and love diving into and solving complex problems through critical thinking and strategic problem solving excites you. Consistent team collaboration energizes you and you are extremely passionate about continuous learning and development.
In addition to technical skill and aptitude, providing patient and positive customer service to internal business units is where you shine. Adaptability & agility are skills you possess.
The option of a hybrid remote/on-prem work schedule is available for this role. The Database Administrator will report to our Corporate Headquarters in Madison, WI for work at least two days per week.
Develop, maintain, and administer operational, system, and reporting databases - 45%
Applications Development - 25%
- Design and deploy database structures to support application and reporting requirements.
- Performance tune in-house and third-party databases as required. This will include creating and re-organizing indexes, optimizing job schedules, and creating stored procedures and functions.
- Plan, define, and create new databases using database normalization techniques to meet the company needs.
- Design and support high availability options to ensure database resiliency.
- Set up and maintain user security for databases and connected applications.
- Interact with IT staff, appropriate division representatives and vendor support personnel to define and resolve systems-related problems.
- Track and document actions and results in accordance with IT “change control” methodology.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Programmers, and Web Developers to ensure a high level of database integrity
Software Maintenance and Support - 20%
- Provide applications development support and process improvements using programming tools or languages to support various operational applications, interfaces and electronic forms systems, reports, and other PC-based applications.
- Conduct needs assessment, program analysis and specifications, coding, testing, implementation, communication, and documentation for all program development.
- Explore and develop creative solutions and efficiencies through programming enhancements.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of all changes and user-requested parameters and reports in accordance with IT programming standards.
- Maintain updated documentation for application and system software and various utilities on a regular basis including the data dictionary for the data warehouse.
- Implement new SQL server installations and update existing installations to ensure maximum security and efficiency.
- Develop and implement proactive maintenance plan to review and install available third-party data transformation software fixes.
- Actively lead and participate in new release upgrades of software and hardware.
- Provide clients and staff with technical assistance for supported applications.
- Manage Vendor Relationships
6 months to 1 year experience in Computers/Information Technology/Database Administration required.
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science or related field.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.