- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent
- Must have 8+ years of related technology experience
- Property/casualty insurance experience desired
- Must have Integrations experience to understand integration patterns with Azure to different back-ends
- Must have the ability to lead/provide consult to large projects/programs.
- This position provides leadership and technical expertise in the design, development and support of the core applications of the client. Solution Architect requires a strong technical background/experience to be a key member of the team that develops, maintains, and integrates the client’s business-critical systems. Assignments require the individual in this position to act as an integral part of the development team to architect, design, and develop innovative solutions. Assignments often involve research in the application and/or business area and have a direct impact on assigned project schedules, costs and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Assists IT Leadership Team and project leaders/managers in the development of feasibility analysis, tasks-environmental study, requirements definition, system conceptualization and cost-benefit study; develops general design of a system in accordance with specifications.
- Configures and integrates packaged applications with existing systems
- Although senior level development knowledge is a requirement, this role’s main focus is on project success and allocating resources.
- Partners with business units and business analysts from Project Management Office to create innovative solutions and identify alternative procedural solutions and costs associated with each solution.
- Takes a leadership role on inter- and intra-departmental projects including:
- Developing and managing project plans and timelines,
- Keeping the project leader/manager and the IT Leadership Team informed,
- Providing technical assistance to team members and directing their project-related assignments,
- Reviewing team’s work for completeness and correctness in accordance with specifications, soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy, and
- Ensuring adherence to established standards in design, programming, testing and documentation.
- Provides technical guidance and support to other systems analysts
- Builds new functional and/or technical practices.
- Mentors Developers in proper coding techniques, methods, standards and processes.
- Estimates complexity of assigned projects. Assists in defining project tasks and documenting the estimated effort.
- Reviews the work of others for thoroughness, accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Analyzes business cases in terms of the business environment, technical infrastructure, system capacity and business response time expectations when proposing solutions.
- Supports co-workers cross-functionally with user testing, resolving Help Desk concerns, developing Standard Operating Procedures, on-call rotation for covering application systems, and other work as requested.
- Presents information and responds to questions from leadership team as requested.
- Leads and/or provides critical consult to technical solution design teams internally and externally across disciplines and business areas on major projects, programs and First-of-a-Kind (FOAK) initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.