Beacon Technologies is looking for an experienced Software Engineer III (Identity Management). This role is available for remote work in the following states: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI.
In this role, you will be responsible for design, architecture, implementation and support of identity management systems. In addition, you will play a large role in building a cohesive vision for identity management across our platform! You will be part of a team where you will have autonomy to design and develop technological advances and work in a very agile and collaborative environment establishing advanced methods, theories and research techniques that support the technical vision and strategy of the company.
You will be looked at as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner. You’ll provide viable recommendations for new solutions and lead their implementation, ensure team commitments are established and met, and provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
Daily activities include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture, improving overall product quality and integration efficiencies. Also, you’ll be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding
- Use open source frameworks, including Java, to write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications according to specifications provided by Solution Architects
- Work with CloudOps, Enablement and other Software Development Engineers to assist in analyzing and resolving complex problems within a SaaS platform
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology)
- Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality
- Participate in and lead design/code reviews
- Facilitate Paired programming or mob sessions, leading and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects
- Work across product roadmap initiatives
- Work with 3rd party identity management providers
- Lead level technical development expertise in software development disciplines including design, coding, testing, deployment, and software management and integration
- Work with various design and architectural patterns
- Work with applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to influence product roadmaps from a technical perspective
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Committed to continuous improvement by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology.
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Minimum, high school diploma or GED
- Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required when safety travel guidelines are in place
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
- 5+ years of professional experience in application design and development at an enterprise level. (This does not include work completed for college courses, internships or home projects)
- 5+ years of experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo)
- 5+ years of experience with JAVA
- 5+ years of experience implementing, supporting, or migrating to identity management systems or 3rd party identity providers
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing in a microservices environment
- Experience in automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience creating and consuming APIs
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
Preferred skill set/experience:
- Advanced degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study. Or equivalent technical experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years of experience in front-end technologies, such as: Angular or React
- 8+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language, including JAVA, TypeScript or C#
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing in a micro-service environments
- 3+ years working with Okta or Azure identity management Systems
- Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud +native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
Qualified candidates should also possess...
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment
- Demonstrated ability and examples of keeping current on technology trends
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with designing new methods and working with existing patterns in a previous role
- Experience leading initiatives or teams from a technical perspective
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineering
- Articulate and demonstrate a clear understanding of the aspects of object oriented development
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.