Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a SE III Delivery to work remotely within the following states: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI.
This role is for a motivated, adaptable, hard working teammate and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. As a Software Engineer- Delivery you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You’ll listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with their expectations.
- Lead engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design and build advanced automated build, test, and release infrastructure.
- Partner with other teams to increase the productivity of engineers.
- Evangelize and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testability, maintainability, scalability.
- Implement and automate development best practices and strategies.
- Develop and track key metrics for engineering performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Participate in strategic initiatives such as designing, developing and reviewing code with the opportunity to be part of strategic visioning, introducing new technologies, design, improved metrics, and process improvements
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, and data per recognized SDLC methodology
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, a related field or 8+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in application development at an enterprise level. (post-graduate)
- 5+ years of experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo)
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration (Jenkins or other)
- Experience in cloud native computing (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in micro-service environments
- Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed internet connection and dedicated work space are required
- Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI.
- Experience in front-end technologies, such as: Angular or Nest.js
- Experience including JAVA, Node.js or SpringBoot
- Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
- Experience creating and consuming API's or experience developing web services
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
- Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience in mentoring engineers
Qualified candidates should also possess:
- Experience in an Agile working environment
- Behaviors that demonstrate ability to keep current on technology trends
- Evolving communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with designing new methods and working with existing patterns in a previous role
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.