Beacon Technologies is looking for a skilled Software Engineer II. This role is open for remote work for the following states: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI.
This position is for a motivated, adaptable, hard working teammate, and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment! Competitive career opportunities, great benefits, and promoting a work-life balance are offered.
- Be part of a team where you will have autonomy to design and develop technological advances.
- You’ll work in a very agile and collaborative environment establishing advanced methods, theories and research techniques that support the technical vision and strategy on a Smart Assignment team.
- You'll be looked at as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner.
- You’ll provide viable recommendations for new solutions and lead their implementation, ensure team commitments are established and met, and provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Daily activities include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture, improving overall product quality and integration efficiencies.
- Also, you’ll be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding.
- Use open source frameworks, including Java, to write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications according to specifications provided by Solution Architects.
- Work with CloudOps, Enablement and other Software Development Engineers to assist in analyzing and resolving complex problems within a SaaS platform.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology).
- Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality.
- Participate in and lead design and code reviews.
- Facilitate Paired programming or mob sessions, leading and mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects.
- Work across product roadmap initiatives.
- Lead level technical development expertise in software development disciplines including design, coding, testing, deployment, and software management and integration.
- Work with various design and architectural patterns.
- Work with applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to influence product roadmaps from a technical perspective.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Committed to continuous improvement by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology.
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job!
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Minimum, high school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of professional experience in application design and development at an enterprise level. (post-graduate)
- 5+ years of experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo)
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented programming languages
- 5+ years of experience in Java
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing in a microservices environment
- Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required when safety travel guidelines are in place
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
- Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI
- Advanced degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study. Or equivalent technical experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years of experience in front-end technologies, such as: Angular or Nest.js
- 8+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language, including JAVA, Node.js or SpringBoot
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing in a micro-service environments
- Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
- Experience creating and consuming Restful and/or SOAP API's
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
- Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile working environment
Qualified candidates should also possess...
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment
- Demonstrated ability and examples of keeping current on technology trends
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with designing new methods and working with existing patterns in a previous role
- Experience leading initiatives or teams from a technical perspective
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineering
- Articulate and demonstrate a clear understanding of the aspects of object oriented development
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.