Beacon Technologies is hiring a Software Engineer II, Application Security for a remote work opportunity.
This software engineer must have experience or an interest in application security to join an amazing team. In this role, you will work with multiple application development teams and other departments to help ensure company products meet internal security standards as well as the expectations of their customers and SSDLC (Secure Software Development Lifecycle) best practices. The company's culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. The managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make an impact in your career.
If you love technology, are passionate about application security, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you will help to deliver software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you!
- Have an intense passion for innovating and crafting clean, secure code
- Minimum of 3 years of .NET or Java experience
- Possess knowledge of application security testing methods and how to prevent or mitigate common vulnerabilities
- Experienced in building modern enterprise web applications
- In-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
- Experienced in security best practices for software and data platforms
- Comfortable working with web services (RESTful)
- Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
- Interested and capable of learning other programming languages as needed
We love software engineers who:
- Closely follow industry trends and the open-source community
- Know what it means to ship secure code
- Are curious and avid learners
- Have a solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
- Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Stay informed of security threats
- Inspire others and raise the bar for everyone around them
- Love to collaborate with their peers in designing pragmatic solutions
- Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Are a champion for a security-first approach to application development
- Share what they know by mentoring other team members
- Have a degree in Computer Science or similar equivalent experience
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Located and working from an office location when required; our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as needed basis
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.