The Software Engineer I position develops core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Responsibilities include Identifying clients' purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. The role interacts with engineering groups to assist in the design changes to equipment and/or software and trains and communicates with clients on systems application.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code must be used in the core version of applications available for sale commercially and not that which is customized to meet a specific client's implementation of the application.
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship, and Sales teams on systems application.
- May be responsible to develop or execute project plans, budgets, and schedules and for documenting work and results.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must love to write code and be motivated and excited by technical challenges
- Knowledge of Microsoft stack (C#, .NET Core, SQL, Web API)
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies specifically Azure a plus
- Knowledge of front-end experience using Angular
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles specifically Agile
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry (e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma)
- Understanding of design patterns and their application
- Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.