Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a Software Developer III to work remotely.
Our client company has a global team of individuals who collectively create a culture that strives to provide an inclusive environment where you can thrive. They offer an active community minded Diversity, Equality and Inclusion committee. They welcome you to join their team!
The team is seeking a motivated, adaptable, hard working teammate and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. They offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
You will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You’ll be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. We’ll look to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner. You’ll provide viable recommendations for new solutions and lead their implementation, ensure team commitments are established and met, and provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments. Daily activities include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture, improving overall product quality and integration efficiencies. Also, you’ll be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
You’ll develop, enhance and maintain existing and new modules within their software suite. As a key member of their development team, you’ll be involved in all tiers of the solution, UI, middle tier and backend database and participate in the full SDLC. The team will rely on your senior level innovative problem solving and demonstrated software development skills using a variety of technologies. You’ll work in small, agile teams delivering business specific technical solutions while working in partnership with Product Owners, Quality Assurance staff, and other Software Engineers.
- Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding.
- Use Java to write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications according to specifications provided by Solution Architects.
- Works with System Administrators and other Software Development Engineers to assist in analyzing and resolving complex problems within a SaaS platform.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology).
- Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality.
- Participate in and lead design and code reviews.
- Facilitate Paired programming sessions, leading and mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects.
- Work across product roadmap initiatives.
- Lead level technical development expertise in software development disciplines including design, coding, testing, deployment, and software management and integration.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Experience working on applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to strategically drive business partners .
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Committed to continuous improvement by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology.
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Minimum, high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 5+ years of progressive development experience utilizing an object-oriented programming language on Enterprise level applications or related experience is required.
- Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required when saftey travel guidelines are in place.
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed internet connection and dedicated work space are required.
- Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, VA, WA or WI
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Angular, React, NestJS
- Advanced degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study. Or equivalent technical experience in a professional environment
- Background in Java, C#, .Net, NodeJS, Spring, Python, Typescript, Hibernate, Web Services, XML, Schema
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts
- Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
- Experience creating and consuming Restful and/or SOAP API's
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
- Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc)
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.