Beacon Technologies is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to work remotely.
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, responsible for networking, installing, configuring, architecting, routing, and engineering solutions around servers, LAN/WAN systems, and telecommunication systems. Responds to escalated systems alerts, investigates and recovers hardware/software failures. Responsible for the identification and resolution of service-level problems and the identification and support of mission-critical tasks.
- Senior-level support for System Administrators, troubleshooting & resolutions for server/storage/network/software issues.
- Architect/Engineer systems, (server/storage/network) solutions that align with business objectives.
- Architect/support server installations on both physical and virtual environments.
- Architect/support network installation & equipment as needed.
- Architect/support telecommunications equipment.
- Research new technology (hardware\software).
- Evaluate performance and optimize servers/storage/network equipment and suggest solutions as needed.
- Architect Windows Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Monitor system performance, reliability, and security.
- Support all Infrastructure related projects.
- Install and configure a wide variety of server/storage/network technologies.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and standards.
- Develop assessments that provide an understanding and resolution to outages, capacity issues, quality problems and security related events.
- Install and administer commercial and proprietary software.
- Involved in IT projects as a resource for completing technical tasks or acting as technical lead.
- Mentor and train Systems Administrators and staff
- Skilled in desktop/server operating systems, PCs, servers, network, storage technologies and monitoring.
- Skilled in Active Directory and directory services technologies.
- Skilled in virtualization and software technologies.
- Skilled in interaction between software development and infrastructure/SysOps/DevOps.
- Skilled in security & security best practices and standards.
- Skilled in using industry standard practices for supporting complex infrastructure environment
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college, university, or vocational college with a degree in computer sciences or a related discipline.
- Six or more years of systems administration experience required.
- Expert in networking technologies, (LAN/WAN, Layer2/3, routers, switches, firewalls, IPS, VPNs, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, FTP, IOS, ACLs).
- Expert in Cloud platforms, Infrastructure as a Service, and Platform as a Service.
- Skilled in telecommunications and phone equipment
- Advanced experience with Virtualization technology (VMware preferred).
- Advanced experience with Windows and Linux.
- Experience with firewalls and wireless solutions is preferred.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies is a plus.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.