ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A Senior Software Engineer is expected to successfully execute to following roles and responsibilities:
• Be a hands-on individual, develops, and mentors a cross-functional team of engineers in a fast-paced environment.
• Work closely with Lead Engineers, product and project management teams to ensure alignment with product strategy and requirements.
• Manage delivery timelines, task planning, and project execution.
• Supports and develops junior software engineers by providing advice and coaching.
• Drive software engineering standards and best practices
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
• Assist in designing architecture in a cloud-native platform.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting code reviews and audits of functionality. Assists others in understanding complex concepts.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer writing production code in a professional environment
• Hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
• Experience with one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GGP)
• Experience with web or mobile development
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with CI/CD approaches and toolchains
• Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• A passion for continuous learning and championing growth in others
• Experience with cloud-native serverless and containerized architectures and development
• Experience with event-driven architectures and development