The Senior Software Engineer works collaboratively within an Agile team to deliver business capabilities for customers. This role takes an active leadership role in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements, design, coding and testing software. The client develops new software for customers as well as existing off the shelf software integrations. The candidate will work closely with sales, project managers, business analysts, and engineers to design, and implement software & systems necessary to complete project deliverables according to contract requirements and budget constraints. If you’re an experienced engineer with a love of software development, we want to talk to you!
At this client, we are more than just technologists. We are a team passionate about the work we do and a family dedicated to building on our strengths and improving our challenges both individually and collectively.
When you join the client team, you’ll receive many perks, such as:
• Remote work from home
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
• Bring Your Own PC Policy
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Casual dress
• Funded training and certifications
• Health, dental & vision insurance
• 401K match
• And much more!
• Work with architects to maintain and drive technical product roadmap.
• Assist development leadership with roadmap planning and estimation.
• Work with the development team to estimate feature development stories and establish consensus on deliverable commitments.
• Lead and mentor other developers in technology, best practices and successful project delivery.
• Consult with clients and collaborate with business analysts to determine functional requirements and converts those to both requirements and design specifications.
• Adhere to development procedures and coding uniformity within’ Azure DevOps.
• Collaborate with other developers to perform peer reviews and quality assurance.
• Participate in and develop test plans, test cases, and test data sets that validate functional requirements and the delivery of successful software.
• Analyze test results, and identify, document, and report root causes for test failures and resolve with the development team.
• Make recommendations to improve software reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
• Must have the ability to operate with minimal supervision and effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to balance both support and project work; able to meet project milestones.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in IT related field required
• Minimum 7 years of experience in application development on the Microsoft Platform, including .NET Framework and .NET Core
• Experience implementing web services utilizing REST and JSON
• Solid background in coding and design best practices, unit testing and test-driven development
• Aptitude for researching and troubleshooting root cause system issues
• Experience with Azure DevOps and familiarity with Agile development processes
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Stored procedures is a Plus
• Epic Integration development experience is a Plus
• Interest in learning or working with an IP Telephony/VoIP technology is required
• Excellent client service attitude and team focus