Oak Creek, WI
Overview: The Senior Programmer Analyst analyzes, designs, develops, and supports applications improvements, implementations, and integrations; serves as project leader to guide applications integrations and improvements through programming, testing, and implementation; investigates problems and recommends technical and functional solutions and new applications add-ons as needed; provides ongoing support to users through maintenance and troubleshooting; and involved with technical documentation, testing, and training.
• Contributes to the IT Applications team in providing first-rate system functionality and service through timely communication, setting user expectations, achieving on-time project delivery, and expeditiously implementing approved user and customer functionality in the EDI, Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance systems.
• Gives input to the design and contributes to the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the Company’s ERP, sales, EDI and business intelligence systems.
• Provides project management direction within the IT Applications team for project plans, resource planning, and go-live implementations. Adheres to approved project plans with appropriate work breakdown structures and recommended resource plans to deliver in agreed time frames.
• Works closely with other IT members and external vendors / consultants to accomplish authorized development projects and collaborates with customer’s IT staff to facilitate successful delivery of system functionality, data integrity, and data exchange between vendors, partners, and the Company.
• Contributes to and embraces project management, change management, Software Development Life Cycle, code management, and Company’s established best practices.
• Company applications/systems support, integrations, and programming (ERP, CRM, EDI, Power BI, MS apps, SharePoint, MS Teams, and other apps)
• Technical and functional understanding/support of e-commerce platform - order-to-cash business
• Ability to communicate well with trading partners and business owners, and team users
• 5+ years of direct experience in leading and supporting applications initiatives.
• BA/BS degree in IT is preferred. May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of requirements.
• Business process, innovation, and technical process expertise
• Technical and functional EDI experience, programming (languages), ability to learn new applications/systems and support programmatically, systems analysis, systems mapping, design and architect technical solutions
• ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics preferred) experience, CRM, e-commerce, integrating and supporting applications, cloud-based architecture, MS applications
• IT project management, business processes, requirements gathering and documentation, problem solving, troubleshooting, communications with business partners and internal users, team building.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Note: this position is contract-to-hire or direct hire.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.