Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a skilled Senior IT Manager of E-Commerce. This role is remote-based.
As the Senior IT Manager of E-Commerce Application Engineering, you will lead a world-class team of experienced and customer-obsessed software engineers in the design, development, delivery, and support of next-generation ecommerce systems. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly influence e-commerce strategy, platform design, and development of new features and capabilities.
A company's proprietary ecommerce platform is built for high-availability and high-volume performance on a proprietary Java back-end and Angular front-end architecture with a mobile-first and responsive design integrating with backend order fulfillment applications. You will work with cross functional project teams in the planning and execution of e-Commerce projects within an agile development methodology.
- Provide leadership and work assignments to a distributed team of software engineers comprised of Lands’ End Employees, and on-shore / off-shore contractors.
- Oversee delivery of engineering solutions and ensure solutions are solving the intended business problems by meeting business requirements and project success criteria.
- Establish strong relationships and build rapport with cross-functional leaders and project team members as a trusted advisor and highly competent problem solver with a bias for action.
- Be a highly effective communicator and people manager facilitating alignment of engineering projects with individual goals and division and company priorities.
- Hire, coach, and develop top engineering talent.
- Work with your team to provide “Level of Effort” estimates and impact assessments for the technical portion of emerging e-commerce projects.
- Drive execution of IT generated technical debt, security and architectural improvement projects.
- Ensure technical solutions are solving the intended business problems by meeting business requirements and project success criteria.
- Ensure technical solutions are in alignment with Lands’ End’s architecture and security principles, patterns, standards, and controls.
- Monitor e-commerce retail trends and technical advancements and recommend feature, capability, and architecture improvements contributing to innovative, cutting-edge ecommerce solutions.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 15 years of work experience in IT, including experience in software design and development in a web applications and Java.
- At least 5 years of experience managing technology teams. Must have managed software teams producing web-based consumer facing systems.
- Demonstrates a servant style of leadership, highly engaged with their team and supporting each team member’s needs helping bring out their very best.
- Experience having successfully lead software development teams in an agile team environment. Thrives in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Very strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate with and persuade decision makers.
- Experience leading offshore teams including ability to effectively communicate complex concepts with people of diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- Experience creating and supporting large-scale, business-critical systems, high-availability systems and high-performance systems.
- Experience with website integration methods such as XML/JSON data feeds, API’s and Web Services / Microservices.
- Experience with Release Management, Git, and CI/CD concepts and applications such as Bamboo, Jenkins and AWS technologies.
- Experience with web / mobile / responsive design.
- Experience with database design, queries and Database Management Systems.
- Familiarity with web performance optimization techniques, measuring and monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with search application platform such as Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity of web analytics such as Adobe Analytics.
- Familiarity of application/project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, or similar.
- Familiarity of security concepts such as single sign-on, secure coding methods, and data security.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to adapt to change and be self-directed.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.