The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer develops core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. This position identifies clients' purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives and interacts with engineering groups to assist in the design changes to equipment and/or software. This Senior level role also trains and communicates with clients on systems application.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requires a broad knowledge of the system development life cycle; products, services, practices, regulations and operations associated with the assigned line(s) of business; and software engineering alternatives.
- Requires proficiency in at least two higher-level programming languages.
- Evaluates systems specifications for complex business requirements; develops and prepares computer-based solutions.
- Analyzes problems in terms of detailed equipment requirements and capabilities, including those related to scalable applications, and cloud-based resources.
- Verifies program logic by preparing test data for trial runs.
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of software engineering while working on own or in a team environment most of the time.
- May be involved in providing assistance and training to lower level software engineers.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code must be used in the core version of applications available for sale commercially and not that which is customized to meet a specific client's implementation of the application.
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship, and Sales teams on systems application.
- May be responsible to develop or execute project plans, budgets, and schedules and for documenting work and results.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Skilled in full stack development with expertise building and supporting applications.
- Experience working with most of the listed development technologies:
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Experience with Azure is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Program and Design Patterns.
- Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the organization.
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units.
- Typically requires seven (7) or more years of software engineering work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.