The Senior Data Engineer leads collaboration with Data Engineers and other internal stakeholders to develop solutions that enable data, insights, analytics, and actionable triggers and solutions. S/he utilizes a full range of data technologies to create new data patterns, establishing best practices and standards for managing large collections of data.
- Pipeline Management: Designs and directs building of data pipelines, utilizing Azure Databricks and Azure Data Factory to build scalable solutions. Acts as point of escalation for Data Engineers to troubleshoot data-related problems. Authorizes maintenance, modifications and peer review as needed during the building process. Continually ensures successful operational monitoring and pipeline maintenance.
- Data Solutions: Leads team of Data Engineers and other members of the Data Analytics team to analyze existing software programs and technology processes, ensuring continued effectiveness and efficiency. Acts as point of escalation for troubleshooting software problems. Leads team in gathering and analyzing data for business projects, as well as mapping underlying processes and data flows.
- Design: Follows an existing framework to design and build various software systems at the request of other internal teams and on behalf of clients. Leads development of reports and data extraction as requested by other teams for use within the firm and on behalf of clients.
- New Technology Implementation: Leads implementation of new technology for firm use, as well as creating roadmaps and tools to guide and monitor usage.
- Minimum of 8 years total. At least 5 years of work experience in information technology with experience with data analytics tools and at least 3 years of hands on experience in design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications and integrations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field required. (5 or more years’ experience in data engineering plus 2 years in AI/Machine Learning may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree). Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well experience with programming software, such as R, Python, Scala, Java, and SQL.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.