The Senior Data Analyst role will enhance the accuracy and integrity of our client's organizational data and develop good relationships with users across the organization and interact with them to resolve any data quality issues. The role will exhibit extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques and turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Perform analysis on large datasets to determine data quality and integrity.
- Identify and describe the complex data quality issues and document for review with stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Interact with data users, managers, and other stakeholder to report the data analysis findings and suggest improvements.
- Help translate analytics into non-technical insights to help all teams make well-informed decisions based on empirical evidence.
- Resolve data quality problems. Activities include: Identify, assess, fix, document, and communicate quality issues in the way data is collected, stored, processed, or used. This may involve interacting with business users to resolve data quality problems using techniques such as root cause analysis as well as collecting user requirements.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Technical teams.
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in data analysis.
- 8+ years of proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
- 3+ years of Insurance domain knowledge.
- Experience in Data Governance, Master Data Management, Data Quality implementations/tools or Data Standardization will be a plus.
- Experience in Data Mapping, Profiling and Data Modeling.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in data analysis.
- Ability to review, analyze and manage large volumes of data.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical teams.
- Remote with intent to return to the New York office.
- Possible extension.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.