The Senior Cisco Engineer role provides infrastructure and call center technology services and solutions to clients throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest. Through our client's partnership and certifications with leading technology providers including Citrix, Cisco, Genesys, IBM and Microsoft, our client's customers receive the highest quality of product and service the industry has to offer. Our client is a Cisco Premier Partner focusing on switching, routing, firewalls, security, wireless and IP telephony. The Senior Cisco Engineer will have responsibility to consult with customers to successfully delivery strategy, implementation, and support as a part of the Professional Services/Engineering team. Candidates must be willing to be a resident of Wisconsin or within 120 miles of one of our client's offices--either Appleton, WI or Milwaukee, WI. If you’re an experienced engineer with a love of networking and Cisco technologies, we want to talk to you!
When you join our client's team, you’ll receive many perks, such as:
• Remote work from home
• Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
• Bring Your Own PC Policy
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Casual dress
• Funded training and certifications
• Health, dental & vision insurance
• 401K match
• And much more!
- Broad configuration and implementation experience with routing, switching, firewalls, VPN solutions and IP configuration.
- Demonstrated, in-depth, WAN/LAN/MAN support and engineering experience.
- Experience in supporting complex WAN/LAN/MAN networks in a large, enterprise environment.
- Consulting with customers in Cisco solutions—leading Cisco workshops, advising on features/functions of solutions, eliciting requirements from customers, providing alternatives to customers within Cisco and our client's solutions.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience with Cisco routing and switching hardware, software, protocols, etc.
- Working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, etc.
- Experience using packet / protocol analyzers to find and remedy application and network performance issues.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and other implementation team members to deliver a solution.
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor or as a participant in a team environment.
- Willingness to participate in rotating schedules and share on-call duties.
- Establish and comply with best practice processes.
- Must have the ability to operate with minimal supervision and effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including: verbal communication, written communication, team focus/collaboration.
- Ability to balance both support and project work; able to meet project milestones.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects, meet project milestones and communicate issues/risks.
- Write system documentation, operating procedures, administration procedures.
- Willingness to acquire specialized technical certifications.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- BS preferred, Associate’s degree in IT related field required
- CCNA or higher-level certification preferred
- Cisco Security/ISE experience and CISSP is a plus
- 5 years of hands-on Cisco networking experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client service attitude and team focus
- Willingness to travel to clients as the project requires
- Prior professional services/engineering experience preferred
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.