Beacon Technologies is on the hunt for a skilled Copywriter and Proofreader to work for an amazing company, remotely!
Projects assigned to this professional will include editing and writing messages for key stakeholder audiences: employees, farmer-members, investors, journalists, and industry partners. The professional services requested will ensure and elevate the accuracy, quality, and clarity of the company's communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit, proofread, and improve materials for internal audiences, as well as professional communication within the department.
- Rewrite articles for internal publications to ensure proper tone and clarity depending on the audience.
- Proofread 15+ page documents for accuracy and clarity.
- Edit and write specific content for postcards, letters, and shorter communication pieces in large quantities while ensuring accuracy.
- Write original materials for key stakeholder audiences, press releases, and the cooperative’s blog, Rootstock.
- Acquire a working understanding of the topics, issues, and programs relevant to the organic industry and the co-op’s employees and farmer-members.
- Handle confidential information with discretion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism, or relevant area of study required.
- Understanding of AP Style or ability to learn new stylebooks.
- Four years of professional writing or editing experience preferred.
- Ability to write for multiple audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Experience with agriculture or food-related writing preferred
- Coursework in technical writing, or relevant work experience, preferred.
- Excellent proofreading skills with a passion for communications, writing, and clarity.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and maintain deadlines.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and collaboration through Microsoft Word online.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.