Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a skilled Project Manager - Technical for a remote work opportunity.
The Project Manager is responsible for helping to support and implement programs by working with multiple stakeholders across various divisions, teams, and subsidiaries. Specific tasks on each project will include developing project plans and schedules, managing tasks and teams, identifying and resolving project management issues, communicating status, including spend, and authoring functional requirements. It is essential that the Project Manager understands the scope and effect of all new or upgraded processes, solicits input from all constituents, and involves all appropriate teams. Project Management works closely with every key stakeholder of the program and with every part of the organization.
- Drives projects/ programs to successful delivery including schedule, risk, issues, budget management - working with the company's model and SDLC.
- Reports to the Project Management Office to communicate issues, risks and ensure progress of delivery.
- Managing team and providing deliverables as required for operating model at each check gate to ensure compliance.
- Manage the weekly / monthly budget process including pulling actuals, analyzing accruals/ reclasses, maintain the monthly budget tracker, report financials to PMO.
- Primarily responsible for larger projects, or groups of smaller projects as part of a larger program across multiple vendors with global off shore and on shore teams.
- Responsible for scope control with stakeholders, task execution with the development team and relevant upward communication to managers.
- Helps define process improvements and feedback for large, multi-part projects that need creative project management strategies required for timely execution.
- Identifies and gathers assets required for development of each project.
- Provide necessary feedback to project stakeholders (e.g., specification feedback, issue escalation to managers or scope changes/clarifications to project resources.)
- Manage handoffs at each stage in the project life cycle according to guidelines specified in the department’s development policies.
- Provide real time updates of relevant project information in the project information database.
- Ability to work and interact with a globally distributed team comprising of direct employees as well as multiple outsourced vendors.
- Successful track record working with business and technology teams to define, develop, test and launch new products and new programs (must be able to present specific examples where your role required the ability work between technical and management teams.)
- Experience authoring business and technical requirements and specifications (i.e., data dictionary, process flows, architectural diagrams, etc.)
- Digital Design and Development System/eCommerce background & work experience or Product Lifecycle software Implementation is preferred!.
- PowerPoint experience required (Microsoft Office.)
- PMP, Scrum/Agile, Scaled Agile or equivalent certifications preferred!
- Innate capability to create, order out of chaos.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions.
- Experience managing Financials for project budget up to ~$1-3M.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business people and software engineers.
- Desire to work in fast-paced, multi-task, fluid environment capable of reacting instantly to changes in a competitive business environment.
- Ability to plan, organize and proctor efficient meetings through preparation, stakeholder buy in, and guide a group towards agreed upon objectives.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- PMP Certification.
- 5-7 years experience in project management required.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.