Beacon Technologies is seeking a Project Manager for our client partner to perform the role of technical vendor relations manager in our client's Application Development Team practicing the Agile/Scrum development methodology. The Applications Development Team is responsible for enterprise architecture, development, system testing, analysis, and maintenance of systems that capture and report data. This includes but is not limited to applications that focus on finance, budget, and data collection and reporting applications. These systems require extensive knowledge and experience developing complex applications, reports, and relational databases. This position is responsible for vendor communications and coordination in order to meet our client's strategic goals and initiatives, promoting educational data systems interoperability.
- Communicate with vendors on software requirements, policies, and data submission
- Onboard and recruit new vendors in compliance with the WISEdata E-Fi Integration
- Track vendor software or training issues impacting Wisconsin schools
- Monitor data quality and software deficiencies
- Coordinate and perform vendor certification testing
- Facilitate vendor and WISEdata user advisory group meetings
- Research and answer second level support tickets related to vendor implementation issues
- Attend vendor user conferences to present, train, and support our client's WISE systems
- Coordinate and train DPI vendor training leads
- Provide documentation on our client's web pages to support vendor system integration needs
- Collaborates with our client's Customer Services Team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience performing external communications
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Process a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Prepare business requirements and functional specifications
- Experience writing user stories with clearly defined acceptance criteria
- Ability to maintain good external vendor relations
- Ability to perform application and system regression tests
Required Technical Skills
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and communicate to software developers
- Experience using relational databases (writing queries, etc.) using SQL Server
- Experience working with education software systems at the school, district, or state levels
- Understanding of application programming interface (API) technologies
- Knowledge of data warehousing and reporting
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work for teams.
- Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI's framework.
- Understands the business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with the project sponsor.
- Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities.
- Creates and implements a communication plan.
- Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor.
- Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Handles complex application features and technical designs.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Capable of managing a project with up to ten (10) or more staff and/or a project with multiple subprojects.
- Professional certification is highly desirable.
- Project Manager capabilities with 11 or more years of experience.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team. Beacon Technologies, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer with a functioning Affirmative Action Plan.