Beacon Technologies is looking for an amazing Operational Engineer III/System Engineer who is ready for remote work.
Our Madison based client company is seeking an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. Competitive career opportunities are offered, great benefits, and promote a work-life balance.
Come be a part of building a high performing, new age Technology Operations Team focused on the common goal of helping customers solve their technology problems. You will be partnered with Product Development Teams to ensure delivery of customer facing solutions by employing advanced automation, tooling and logic to reduce the operational burden often felt by a software platform growing at the rate of ours! This exciting role will challenge you every day to be a part of a DevOps culture that is forward-thinking and innovative. After partnering with a few developers from a product team to understand the problem, you'll put together a prototype that automates the recovery of their application and alerts them to the failure.
As an Engineer 3 in the Operations Engineering space, you’ll work with a team of cross-functional engineers whose mission is to ensure that the technologies that the customer-facing products run on are reliable, secure, and operationally efficient. You are an experienced subject matter expert in multiple technologies and your senior level expertise will help guide the team to develop innovative solutions to build and maintain the company's 100% Cloud based infrastructure to world class standard.
What you’ll be up to:
- Focusing on the Operations Engineering mission to ensure that the technologies that the customer-facing products run on are reliable, secure, and operationally efficient
- Measuring the impact of existing deficiencies, proposing solutions, implementing those solutions and measuring their results
- Developing applications, using a variety of languages, to automate provisioning and maintenance of our cloud platforms
- Helping support common multi-cloud architecture to be utilized by product teams with the intent to minimize toil for the organization
- Promoting a DevOps culture that will enable Application Development teams to have full ownership of their technology platforms whenever possible
- Participating in daily stand-up, planning meetings and review sessions
- Partnering with technical leadership on roadmap development and work with the team to execute the work to achieve the mission
- Participating in pair programming sessions, code reviews, and architectural reviews
- Remaining up to date with changing technology by partnering with development teams to introduce and productionize new technologies that advance our ability to deliver leading products and participating in other educational opportunities
- Supporting production systems outside of outside of normal business hours and on-call duties
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
- Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, VA, WA or WI for remote work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems OR 8+ years of work experience if no degree
- 5+ years advanced Systems Engineering work experience including an advanced understanding of networking, fundamental protocols, and computing systems
- Experience with Cloud computing technologies and capabilities, especially GCP and Azure
- Preference for candidates who can physically work in the Madison office
- Experience with writing web-based applications
- Experience working with container-based systems, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with database systems, especially MySQL, Mongo, and Postgres
- Experience building cloud infrastructure using API driven tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, or similar
- Experience supporting software in a SaaS environment
- Understanding of common security profiles and attack vectors for web-based software
Qualified candidates should also possess:
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Commitment to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.