Beacon Technologies is seeking a Network Engineer II role. This position is responsible for supporting and designing the telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBX’s, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems. This is a hybrid position located in Fitchburg, WI.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records.
- Develop and implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Remain current on new products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network and telecommunication systems.
- Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and back up systems.
- Manage and administrate the entire telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs and wireless networks, including routers, hubs, switches and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network and telecommunication products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking and telecommunication industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsources, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Participate in long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future telecommunication and network needs.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network/telecommunication performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all network and telecommunications hardware and software.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network/telecommunication performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Design and support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for telecom traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telecom systems.
- Generate telecommunications and network usage and traffic reports.
- Configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot all network and telephony voice/data software products.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of telecommunication/network problems for end users; recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Perform security audits, and system backup and recovery.
- Manage and resolve escalated service desk tickets, including assigned moves, adds or changes for both network and telecommunications.
- Develop training material as applicable.
- Maintain all network and telecommunication hardware and wiring including phones, voicemail and fax lines.
- Bachelors degree or better in Information Technology or related field.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent knowledge of telephony systems.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, design and implementation.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team. Beacon Technologies, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer with a functioning Affirmative Action Plan.