Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a .NET Web Developer II to work in Madison, Wisconsin.
Primary duties include programming in C#/ASP.NET to build and perform SQL operations to enhance and maintain the project’s web applications. This position will work closely and interact with the research team on a day-to-day basis.
This role involves the following repsonsibilities:
- Execute change requests for the project’s web application built in the ASP.NET framework: Conduct regular maintenance of the web applications to reduce defects and improve performance.
- Update web applications to improve usability and reduce user errors.
- Perform SQL operations to query database and visualize results within web applications.
- Build new functionality and tools to streamline data collection and analysis.
- Suggest and implement new tools/technologies to this end using the approved project technology stack.
- Implement test plans to verify new features, enhancements, and defect fixes.
- Regular updates to the project’s IT documentation to ensure maintainability and business continuity.
- Solve day-to-day issues related to the IT infrastructure and the photo storage system.
- Education or training in application development.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on .NET framework and programming in C#.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle or similar relational database.
- Experience in working with user requirements and translating them into working computer-based products.
- Excellent software debugging skills.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Experience documenting software applications and code.
- Prior experience of building desktop applications.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of software development lifecycle and agile methodology.
- Prior experience building and scheduling remote batch jobs.
- Experience designing web user interface (UI) or user experiences (UX).
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.