Beacon Technologies is seeking a Mid-Level Java Developer (Spring Boot/AWS). This role is based in Seattle, WA.
Under this role, you will be responsible for implementation efforts for key Java Spring Boot microservices and ancillary AWS Services. Serve as a key team member and be expected to implement core features and functionality for the company's next gen quoting platform. Must be able to bring some experience and best practices to the rest of the team and should be experienced and knowledgeable!
Additionally, you will work independently and collaborate with others in the division to provide and maintain applications that meet business needs. Be responsible for software design and development for simple to moderately complex business solutions, work independently or at the direction of more senior technologists, analyze system problems and recommend alternatives for resolution. You will recommend opportunities to improve system effectiveness and efficiency and work with RESTful microservices for internally built applications or vendor packaged applications.
Application Development (70%)
- Designs and develops solutions to the level of quality defined by the requirements in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls. Identifies and provides solution alternatives for the defined functional and system requirements when needed.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications. Follows through with options and recommendations.
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions, estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as required by organization standards.
- Defines, conducts, and/or participates in testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepares, leads and/or participates in development walkthroughs.
- Collaborates with others regarding effectiveness of systems flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify requirements.
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming, design, performance, quality, and security. Identifies and recommends areas for improvement in design, development, and testing.
- Participates in team activities and taking on additional work tasks as needed to help the team accomplish the desired outcome or goals.
- Creates, maintains, and/or enhances system documentation as needed.
Maintenance & Support (15%)
- Provides second-level and third-level support. Troubleshoots problems with supported applications and ensures problems are resolved to client satisfaction. Escalates to senior-level when needed. Provides alternatives for solving identified system problems.
- Follows and supports change management practices and internal controls standards. Communicates changes and impact to those affected. Assists less experienced technologists in all areas of maintenance and communication.
- Repairs, modifies, and develops additional functionality.
- Provides vendor system support.
- Creates and maintains service desk diagnostics and job aids for area of responsibility. Updates and/or reviews with those affected.
- Shares knowledge and information with others to resolve problems and build team knowledge.
Technical Leadership (15%)
- Participates in systems analysis, general systems design, specification development for vendor contracts, and detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Recognizes and escalates quality, deadline, or deliverable issues within own work environment to team leads and/or management.
- Participates in knowledge sharing activities and technical conversations with peers to increase the overall knowledge of software development practices.
- Assists and holds others accountable for their commitments. Takes accountability for own deliverables; manages own tasks.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.