Beacon Technologies is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to work remotely.
Are you ready to join a team made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out? This role is for a Lead Software Engineer who is ready to work. Duties involve reporting to the Head of Engineering, YOU will be a key participant in designing an application architecture, keeping security, cost, and performance in mind. Other responsibilities are:
- You’ll manage other engineers on your product team, conduct code reviews, and help write technical requirements across a product-driven scrum team
- You will work side by side with all engineering teams to build scalable, performant, and clean solutions
- You will help move our software development practices forward and help lead others on design and best practices
- Most importantly, you’ll be a pivotal part of a team that values quick iteration, embraces new tech, and loves to experiment.
Who are YOU?
- You’ve been shipping production level code for the last 5+ years
- You have lead or managed other engineers, handling employee performance activities, mentorship, and career growth
- You’re an expert communicator and collaborator – you can explain code and prioritization decisions to direct reports and less-technical teammates verbally and with a focus on good technical writing
- You have vast experience building applications that utilize AWS services – bonus points if you’ve designed and deployed applications following the AWS server less framework
- You’re opinionated about tooling and curious about new trends and technologies in the software development world
- You have a background in product development, delivering solutions to business problems in a fast paced team
- You have working knowledge of all aspects of product design, including data modeling, service performance and security.
Skills You Might Have
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense
- Understanding of different Authentication standards and strategies (OAuth, Basic, API Key-Based, etc.)
- Understanding of OWASP web security standards and secure coding technique
- Understanding of networking and network design principles
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience working across multiple Agile teams
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.