ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A Lead Software Engineer is expected to successfully execute to following roles and responsibilities:
• Be a hands-on leader who grows, develops, and manages a cross-functional team of engineers in a fast-paced environment.
• Work closely with product and project management team to ensure alignment with product strategy and requirements.
• Manage delivery timelines, task planning, and project execution.
• Influence others and build consensus in the engineering practice, as well as, across the organization.
• Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
• Drive software engineering standards and best practices
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
• Articulate architecture and design in a cloud-native platform.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting code reviews and audits of functionality. Assists others in understanding complex concepts.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• 7+ years of experience as a software engineer writing production code in a professional environment
• 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
• Experience with one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GGP)
• Experience with web or mobile development
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with CI/CD approaches and toolchains
• Experience with cloud-native serverless and containerized architectures and development
• Experience with event-driven architectures and development
• Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• A passion for continuous learning and championing growth in others
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.