Beacon Technologies is looking for a Lead Azure Software Engineer IV to work remotely.
Our Madison based client company is seeking for an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. Competitive career opportunities, great benefits and a work-life balance is achieved here!
Be part of a team where you will lead operational and strategic activities in a dynamic IT environment. In addition, you will lead project planning, provide technical leadership and will work within your own area, as well as across functional teams. You will routinely collaborate with Architects and contribute to the development of strategic planning for the department as well as communicate clear, concise strategic vision. When leading projects, you will be responsible for holding yourself and others accountable for detail-orientation and will be required to deliver well-tested, secure, interoperable technologies that support company vision and strategy. You must be able to maintain effective relationships with all levels of company management, as well as with internal and external customers. You will also be required to establish and monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes and procedures.
As a Lead Engineer, you must actively coach, mentor and teach others as well as use influence, expertise and leadership to support other teams as they implement technology solutions.
- Emphasis will be placed on strategic visioning such as overall design, introducing new technologies, improved metrics, and process improvements as well as tactical that includes developing and reviewing code.
- Lead designs of software components and features.
- Be part of the full application lifecycle (design, develop, test, deploy and maintain), innovating in each step.
- Designing API’s and working with other teams to build integrations.
- Develop full slices of the application from the UI to the data store.
- Developing the team using your experiences, at the same time developing yourself by learning from the team experiences.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of applications while delivering impactful business value.
- Experience with various design and architectural patterns.
- Experience working on applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to strategically drive business partners.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Remain up to date with changing technology by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Analyzing an existing Azure solution with the aptitude to align multiple clouds with common SDLC and hosted infrastructure..
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems.
Requirements for this role are:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum, high school diploma or GED.
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required.
- Must be located in AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI.
- 10+ years of technology relevant work experience.
- 8+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language.
- 8+ years of experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo).
- 6+ years of experience with various design and architectural patterns.
- 4+ years of experience working on applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)***.
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing in a micro-service environments.
- 6+ years of experience architecting and developing large complex applications.
- 5+ years of experience in Azure cloud computing.
- 5+ years of experience in Azure DevOps
Preferred skill set:
- Advanced degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study. Or equivalent technical experience in a professional environment.
- Microsoft certified Azure Data, Cloud or Security Engineer.
- Experience in cloud native computing (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience in Azure cloud computing (PaaS and IaaS).
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as .Net Core, C#.
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology.
- Exposure to machine learning.
Qualified candidates should also possess:
- Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment.
- Demonstrated ability and examples of keeping current on technology trends.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience leveraging your influence to drive results at a team and product level.
- Examples of promoting innovative changes at a team or department level.
- Experience leading initiatives or teams from a technical perspective.
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineering.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.