Beacon Technologies is currently seeking a Senior Application Developer for our client partner. This person will be responsible for developing solutions that support business goals, in a wide variety of solutions and applications. The Senior Developer possesses outstanding analytical and problem solving skills along with strong communication skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and Development: Develop solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms, etc. Designs, codes tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and modifies computer programs of high complexity, and risk. Leads technical staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Testing & Documentation: This individual will perform unit testing and assist the BA in defining test plans. Perform design, coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions as well as aid in application maintenance, debugging, and upgrades.
- Creates architectural and code level documentation.
- Maintenance: Ensures that expected analytic levels are achieved. Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations.
- Projects: Assist in providing cost and time estimates for project tasks and defining project tasks. Complete project work within agreed upon deadlines.
- Client Service: Effectively communicates with a wide range of clients (partners, business users, IT team members, vendors, management). Interacts with senior leaders and team members to discuss requirements, explore solutions, and demonstrate functionality.
- 3 years of application development and support working as a team member on multiple projects or applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- C# - Perform data extraction from custom file formats using C#.
- SSIS - Perform data extraction and manipulation from multiple types of data sources, including files and SQL databases/Ability to deploy packages to a SQL server. Ability to create environment variables and assign them in SQL server.
- Microsoft SQL Server - Write stored procedures, views, functions, queries, and design tables for data warehouses. Create the necessary foreign key, primary key, and other constraints on the tables. Understand the importance of staging and warehouse databases.
- Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS) - Create new tabular models and cubes, including the creation of all relationships and measures/Support existing tabular models and cubes. Write DAX formulas for measures in tabular model/Ability to deploy tabular models and cubes to SQL server/Create and manage roles and row-level security for the models.
- Power BI - Ability to create and support new Power BI dashboards/Perform data analysis and validation in Power BI/Write DAX formulas for measures.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team. Beacon Technologies, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer with a functioning Affirmative Action Plan.