Beacon Technologies is hiring a Jira Administrator who is ready to work for an amazing company based in Madison, Wisconsin.
The job is responsible for developing a company’s Jira operating model and ensuring it is aligned with our enterprise ecosystem, which includes additional operating companies.
Key responsibilities within this role include the ability to display overall ownership, governance, and administration of the Jira ecosystem. To ensure these criteria are meet, the candidate must be able to articulate a vision and ensure proposed solutions represent a holistic operating model for IT work intake through the use of standardized workflows and practices.
This role will be highly visible, therefore projecting a positive attitude and energy will be essential to the success and growth of this role. Plus, it will involve a strong commitment to collaboration and fostering an atmosphere of exceptional teamwork and buy-in.
The ability to effectively communicate, evangelize the offering, and build trusting partnerships with a variety of stakeholders and departments will be paramount in order to serve the needs of the organization, grow the use of the systems, while ensuring compliance with stated procedures to minimize risk and maintain system stability.
Success will be defined by system stability, data integrity, process adherence, and by providing leadership the ability to report and successfully visualize key performance indicators in the delivery of work.
- Establish a strategic plan and evangelize the use of Jira workflows and reporting for the IT organization
- Lead and facilitate a community of practice for our Jira ecosystem
- Develop a governance committee for Atlassian tools
- Develop an effective change management and rollout implementation strategies for Atlassian tools
- Serve as the central communication point for all topics related to these systems, reports, and practices
- Ensure compatible configurations that protect the ability to create a holistic and accurate view of all work
- Jira & Confluence
- Setup and role administration
- Own and create Jira governance documentation
- Lead Jira technical management and permission approvals. Ex: Roles and permissions structure.
- Develop and support process for users requesting new work (projects, workflows, tasks within Jira)
- Set and document standards for building "schemes" that can be easily used on typical project types, and customize schemes for sophisticated projects which provide efficient workflows, screens, fields queries, reports and dashboards
- Coordination and vendor management of Atlassian Plug-in’s and appropriate upgrades
- Establish a clear ownership of the system and its roadmap, governance, configuration, stability, evolution, data integrity, and any problem resolution
- Capture requirements for business processes and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows, as well as identify where functionality can / cannot meet user requests
- Create and maintain Jira governance and procedural documentation
- Monitor the integrity of our Jira data which will in turn be used within other ecosystem
- Train all users on requirements described above
- Assemble and promote tips / standard methodologies
- Maintain schema workflow diagrams
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Jira Administration certification preferred
- Experience in Jira system administration and governance
- Significant programming experience in at least one of Python, Groovy, Perl, Java, and/or .NET or equivalent
- Experience managing and creating Jira workflows, schemes, etc.
- Experience with API integrations to / from Atlassian products
- Experience with Tempo Tracker, Planner, Budget and Structure preferred
- Ability to set vision, strategy, and execute a 30, 60, 90 day plan
- Strong troubleshooting skills on tooling and server-side issues
- Developer knowledge of Jira, Confluence and plugin integration and configuration
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Working knowledge of Agile practices such as SAFe, Scrum, and Kanban
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.