Beacon Technologies is seeking for a Java/Spark Developer. This role is remote-based.
You would be assisting Development Teams in designing, modeling, and validating Spark solutions for their applications. Additionally, troubleshoot Spark Jobs and do performance tuning in production environments. More below:
- Design, implement, maintain, and automate the appropriate backup and recovery architecture
- Independently develop and sustain technical knowledge, certifications, and skills.
- Effectively multi-task handling day-to-day assignments given moderate directions and
Skills we are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field.
- Previous working experience as a Spark developer for 4-5 years.
- Proficient with Java and Scala.
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl etc.
- Hands-on experience on Spark framework and other distributed data processing frameworks
like Hadoop Map-Reduce, Storm etc.
- Good to have working experience with one of the NoSQL databases (MongoDB / Cassandra /
Couchbase) including data storage, data modeling, and data access patterns.
- Good to have working experience with one of the cloud platforms like AWS (Amazon Web
Services), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Hands-on experience with Linux system administration.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with distributed teams.
- Analytical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.