Manufacturing Systems Associate (IT)
• Provide shop floor support to ensure plant customers have access to the necessary computing resources.
• Provide software support for PI, Proficy, MES, or other manufacturing software solutions.
• Conduct root cause analysis on Helpdesk calls to understand trends and resolve problems.
• Understand how software solutions support the business processes.
• Document track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
• Install new software releases, system upgrades, patches, and resolve software/hardware related problems.
• Configure, test, maintain and administer plant manufacturing systems to meet the needs of the facility.
• Ability to work with plant systems like PI (OSI), Proficy (GE Fanuc) and MES
• Perform analysis of applications and systems in collaboration with I.S. analysts and end users to define, build, and implement plant solutions.
• Work with business manufacturing users to understand their business processes and data/reporting needs and translate them into technical specifications and solutions.
Required Prior Accomplishments, Experience, Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline preferred. Equivalent work experience with systems in a manufacturing environment will be considered in place of education.
• 1-5 years experience working with systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to resolve printer, desktop, and network integration issues in a 24x7 facility.
• Preferred System Experience – PI, Proficy, MES and other plant systems
• Familiarity with the following technologies is a plus; Visual Basic, .Net, Oracle, SQL
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Excellent written and oral communication and problem management skills
• Ability to provide technical leadership in a strong team environment
• An initiator, demonstrating ability to work independently and showing strength in a team environment
• Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Please note: this is a direct hire role.