Beacon Technologies is seeking a motivated IT Engineering Manager. This role will be an adaptable, career-minded teammate who would like to utilize their skill set in a thriving Agile-methodology environment. Our client offers competitive career advancement opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and promotes a work-life balance. Our client is in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
About the Role
As an IT Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that our client has the right technical people with the right skills available at the right time to accomplish highly technical work. This will all be done within our client's Scaled Agile framework and collaborating with our client's Product and Management teams on a daily basis. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and developing our client's team. Applying the skills and talents of our client's team to provide the most value to the organization requires understanding and setting priorities, looking to the future to develop capabilities and capacity, and proactively working with the individuals and the team to develop skills and cohesion.
About Our Client
Our client is a SaaS business-to-business solution and an integrated software platform that enables communication and collaboration. They are a remote-first organization with remote and hybrid employees aligned to flexible teams from office locations in California, Missouri, Wisconsin and the United Kingdom. Residents of the following United States are invited to apply for remote work opportunities, as these are the locations our client has business licenses: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI. Our client's culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery.
- Effectively recruiting, selecting, orienting employees.
- Communicating job expectations and ensuring employees not only understand their jobs, but also how they will be measured against performing their jobs satisfactorily; plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
- Providing career counseling and development; coaching, mentoring and rewarding employees; proactively promoting growth opportunities through training and stretch assignments.
- Executing company policies and practices; serving as conduit to employees for corporate communications initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring the organization is making the best use of talent through effective planning and allocation; understanding the changing needs and priorities of the organization to ensure that the right talent is available, and has the time and skills to complete the work; deploying talent within their control to achieve plans based on the requests from product teams.
- Increasing the awareness of our client, to include developing a roadmap that builds relationships at the local colleges and various technical and non-technical focus groups.
- Working closely with IT project and scrum teams on staff planning needs and partnering with Senior Management to ensure employee growth goals and skill sets are properly aligned to the strategic vision.
- Working closely with Senior Management on project and functional IT goals & objectives to better enable the teams to scale systems and skill sets to meet increasing demand.
- Must be located in AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 5 years of people management experience, to include managing and developing people.
- At minimum graduated high school or GED.
- Must have experience managing team(s) in an IT application development environment.
- Must have knowledge of software design and development concepts.
- Must have experience managing a diverse workforce and helping employees thrive in an inclusive environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Experience in evaluating individual performance against goals, and provide meaningful and constructive feedback/coaching to the people that they manage.
- Experience in understanding the skills and interests of the team, and make sure that those skills are being developed to meet both current and future needs of the organization.
Qualified Candidates should also possess:
- Mindfulness of team dynamics (the strengths and weaknesses of the individuals in the team and how they interact with one another), resolving issues/conflicts and supporting team morale.
- Adept at managing a limited supply of resources against constantly changing demand, which requires a good view of what is coming up and creating short-, mid- and long-term resource plans.
- Knowledge and experience working within an Agile team environment and managing different roles and skill sets.
- Motivated, self-starter that can work independently and recognize the need to escalate when appropriate.
- Demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to resource allocations.
- Positive change agent with the ability to constructively challenge prevailing thoughts and processes.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively convey complex information in a manner that is easily understood and actionable to all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Possess top-notch people skills and the ability to effectively set and articulate job responsibilities, performance goals and standards.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team. Beacon Technologies, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer with a functioning Affirmative Action Plan.