Beacon Technologies is looking for an IT Engineer II. This positions is available for remote work for the following states: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI.
This role is ideal for someone who is motivated, adaptable, a hard working teammate, and a talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment.
You will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. Must be able to serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their departments on complex assignments. You’ll be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation, and offer recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You’ll listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with their expectations. Specific duties are:
- Participate in tactical initiatives such as designing, developing and reviewing code with the opportunity to be part of strategic visioning, introducing new technologies, design, improved metrics, and process improvements
- Be part of the full application lifecycle (design, develop, test, deploy and maintain), innovating in each step
- Designing API’s and working with other teams to build integrations
- Develop full slices of the application from the UI to the data store
- Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology
- Participate in and lead design and code reviews
Requirements we are looking for...
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Minimum, high school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of professional experience in application development at an enterprise level. (post-graduate)
- 2+ years of experience in SQL or NoSQL DB structures, experience with DB migration scripts (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo)
- 2+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language
- Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed internet connection and dedicated home office space are required
- Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI
Preferred skill set/experience...
Qualified candidates should also possess...
- Advanced degree (Bachelor's or Master’s) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or a related field OR 6+ years of relevant IT experience OR IT Boot Camp graduate
- Experience in front-end technologies, such as: Angular or Nest.js
- Experience including JAVA, Node.js or SpringBoot
- Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
- Experience creating and consuming API's or experience developing web services
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
- Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile working environment
- Behaviors that demonstrate ability to keep current on technology trends
- Evolving communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with designing new methods and working with existing patterns in a previous role
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.