The Internal IT Support Engineer II specializes in service and support for employees and internal IT systems. The primary duties include working directly with end users to troubleshoot and resolve IT related issues and to support and maintain company IT systems for all locations and entities. Additionally, an Internal IT Support Engineer II is expected to provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members.
- Analyze and troubleshoot IT related issues and apply understanding of computer software and hardware products and services to resolve end user problems.
- Receive and manage support requests from users having problems with computer software and/or hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, electronic mail, or operating systems.
- Work with end users to determine the nature of the problem, formulate a diagnosis, and assist with problem resolution.
- Utilize available resources to research issues and find solutions. Available resources include, but are not limited to, the Internet, product documentation, and co-workers.
- Set up new employees on the network following established procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, adding them to Active Directory, building the PC or laptop to be assigned to the user, setting up the hardware at the specified desk location if applicable, and verifying proper operation of the computer as it relates to logon, email access, application accessibility, and printing.
- Remove terminated employees from the network following established procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, securing the hardware, disabling the Active Directory account, forwarding email if applicable, removing the user from any Active Directory groups, imaging of the PC or laptop, and wiping the hard drive.
- Asset tag and catalog all new IT assets as specified by management. Maintain asset to user tracking information.
- Provide recommendations for replacement of hardware/software that is beyond its lifecycle.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Train users on operation of software and hardware.
- Other duties as assigned.