The Hardware technician’s primary responsibilities include the assistance, maintenance, and monitoring of the company’s computer systems. They must track all documentation of hardware failure, installation, repair, and replacement. The technician will also design network capacity-building in consideration of present and future hardware requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
• The systems/hardware technician must install and maintain all system software.
• Required to set-up and maintain individual pc’s, must trouble shoot software and hardware problems.
• Responsible for system back-up and assuring that the network system is efficiently operating.
• May be required to instruct or train others in software and system usage.
• Required to advise division manager of system needs and current technology.
• Is required to establish specific files, data bases and spreadsheets as required.
• Will write programs and edit or alter existing programs to suit a specific need.
• Must communicate with systems supervisor and appropriate systems personnel in other divisions to assure that the communication link between divisions is maintained.
• Must efficiently use shop pc’s and interface the manufacturing and engineering networks.
• Must be fluent with all applicable ISO-9000 system level procedures and work instructions.
• Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Must be a student working toward Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
• Associates in Computer Science
• Internship experience
• Familiar with different types of computer hardware
• Bachelors in Computer Science
• 1-3 years IT experience
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.