Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a Environmental Svcs Tech I to work in Oak Lawn, IL.
Under this role, you will clean and perform low level disinfection of non-critical surfaces in patient care and non-patient areas. Additionally, provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and team members.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Cleans patient care areas, surgical areas, public/private restrooms, conference rooms, lobbies, offices, elevators and stairwells.
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including ceilings and vents, walls, doors, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures and windows. Assists in cleaning emergency spills as requested.
- Dusts and damp mops floors in patient and exam rooms, corridors, stairwells, restrooms and other areas of the facility.
- Replaces cubicle and window coverings.
- Gathers and disposes recyclables, trash and medical waste.
- Collects hazardous trash following established infection control guidelines.
- Sorts, stocks and delivers linens.
- Gathers and prepares soiled linen for transportation.
- Cleans and prepares dismissal and transfer units and certain equipment used in the care of patients and distributes non-medical supplies to specific areas.
- Fills and cleans supply dispensers.
- Inventories linens, cleaning supplies and paper supplies and orders additional in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Keeps housekeeping closet organized and clean.
- Reports any mechanical failures or unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions and communicate with others.
- Ability to work alone and to understand the physical arrangements of the facilities.
- Performs tasks without disrupting operations of the doctors, nurses, patients, public and other staff.
- Ability to set priorities, be aware of and follow department policies and procedures in all situations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to: •• lift to 35 lbs. from floor to a maximum 5 ft, •• lift and carry up to 20 lbs. at waist height a reasonable distance
- Must be able to: •• push/pull with 50 lbs. of force
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach above shoulders and crawl to complete tasks.
- Must also be able to push/pull/drag equipment such as hospital beds and lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to be on feet most of the time with both walking/standing throughout the shift.
- Must have ability to wear protective clothing as will be exposed to strong germicidal solutions, cleaning chemicals, temperature changes, soiled linen and infectious waste (blood and body fluids). Requires that incumbent be familiar with policies on handling infectious and hazardous waste.
- Must have ability to operate vacuum cleaners, mopping equipment, buffer or burnisher, automatic scrubber, up to six-foot stepladder and other cleaning tools.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job, including telephones, zone phones and pagers.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.