Beacon Technologies is looking for a skilled Data Warehouse Analyst III to work in Madison, Wisconsin.
This position is for a dedicated IT Business Analyst! We are looking for a strong practitioner with five or more years of business requirements elicitation, documentation, stakeholder communication, requirements verification, testing, quality assurance and data analysis activities as primary job responsibilities. This person is willing to participate in and actively document different aspects of the project lifecycle. Previous experience working in a BA/QA capacity on data warehouse/business intelligence projects is helpful!
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with technical, business and operational data owners from a wide array of backgrounds.
- Coordinates and communicates between business users and the business intelligence team.
- Manages the balance between business requirements and user expectations throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Strives for a deeper understanding of our customers’ business drivers.
- Ability to document and speak competently to business objectives, gaps, needs and problems.
- Once documented, can leverage the knowledge and materials to help the IT team devise product and process solutioning that can be delivered to meet the defined needs of the business users.
- Works closely with the business users to document business processes.
- Focuses on specific business user needs such as how data is to be summarized, used in day to day operations and formatted in reports and dashboards.
- Uses experience as a liaison between business users and technologists to drive requirements into design, development, system testing, UAT and product deployment.
- Assists the IT team in the creation of adhoc documentation, including but not limited to; enhancement business requirements, charter contributions, process mapping, data flow diagrams, issue papers, options documents, report/dashboard requirements, requirement traceability matrixes, security assessments and other documents as assigned.
- Produces and executes business scenario test plans and test cases to meet functional requirements.
- Identifies and logs issues and manages through to resolution by working with the appropriate project resources.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate test results and possesses very strong analytical and organizational skills focusing on QA test process and its relationship to producing a quality end product.
- Desirable to have a good understanding of QA methodologies, testing techniques and BI development lifecycles.
- Demonstrates ability to manage competing priorities across multiple efforts at varying stages within the development lifecycle; keep up with fast-paced schedules; and learn new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Independently performs a variety of complicated tasks and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works independently and with team members to understand database structure, business process and the correlation between the two.
- Comfortable in a complex data environment and understanding of data structures.
- Ability to convey work and results to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.